End-of-Line (EoL) testers are used for testing the quality of the product after the manufacturing process. The purpose of the test system is to check any visual, audible, or other problems which may occur during installation and assembly of the components before delivering to customers.
Examples of applications for end-of-line testing systems by Novosim include:
- Rotating systems (gearboxes, axles etc.)
- Automotive Component Testing
- Noise and vibration level measurements
- Custom systems
Testing of Rotating Systems (Gear Boxes, Axles etc.) in the Automotive Production:
Test procedures can be prepared as predefined scenarios by the test engineering team and stored in a database. For different testing conditions (high speed, low speed, long term, short term, etc.), different scenarios can be prepared and later can be recalled from the database.
The base system is equipped with 8 channels which may be used for reading in torque, rpm, and temperature levels. The system can be optionally extended to more channels with different inputs such as accelerometers, pressure, microphones, etc.
In principle, all raw data of the measurement are recorded and stored for each test. This data can be exported to Excel or a predefined report can be automatically generated in PDF format with the data from available channels, allowing the user to add in comments. Historical data is logged into the local computer and to the company server. This data may be used to compare the updated data against the historical data so that the operator easily checks if the axle under test is in between these statistical limits. All other detailed analyses and detailed reporting can be done using the logged data.
For occupational health and safety, system is covered with controlled locks and fences. Tests will run not until the fence is closed and the locks are on. Several other safety measures are taken to keep the operation safe. Also, it is important to monitor the behavior of the test unit. In case if there is a degradation in test values such as current, the test will be automatically stopped with the help of predefined alarms.
Safety items used on the bench:
- Emergency Stop: One on panel, one on the bench.
- Safety relay: In case if an emergency button is pushed or the fence sensor is on, without resetting the system, test bench is not operational.
- Fence sensor: In case if the fence door is not closed, bench will not be operational.
- Motor control: In case if the current gets higher than a specified limit, drive motor stops.
- It is not possible to reach moving parts when the test is running.
- In case if one of the safety buttons is pressed, or is not operational, or if the operator does not initiate the test, the system is not going to be operational.
Automotive Component Testing:
Mechanical testing fixtures powered with electric motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are designed and developed for various testing purposes. Most of these solutions are used for 7/24 running durability tests that meet different regulations. All tests are automated without the need for manual intrusion. Data is logged and reports are automatically generated.
Some of the other systems developed by Novosim Engineering:
- Automotive refrigeration systems – pull/push, open/close force against time, proper operation during lifetime – 10.000 + cycles.
- Steering system durability – durability testing under various operational conditions. These systems can be assembled in vehicle or may be built as standalone test rigs.
- Suspension component testing rig– pressure, burst pressure, endurance (100.000 cycles under a predefined pressure), Arizona dust and thermal resistance testing system solutions are provided.
Feel free to contact us for further information on testing systems.